Press Release – 10 Top Tips on How to Evict Tenants
10 Top Tips on How to Evict Tenants Most Effectively with Buy-to-Let Landlord and Millionaire Glenn Armstrong
With a portfolio of 193 buy-to-let properties, worth over £30 million, Glenn Armstrong is a highly experienced landlord who knows how to handle tenant evictions most effectively! He has the following tips for landlords on how to deal with every eventuality and how to ensure a smooth eviction process.
10 TOP TIPS WHEN EVICTING TENANTS
Always have sufficient reason to evict; it’s imperative to check your local laws before beginning eviction and make sure you have valid reasons for eviction.
- Do your research. For advise and procedures go to www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk
- While going through the possession process we suggest you apply for a Small Claims Judgment. I am always surprised at how often we then get paid. If they do not pay this will raise a CCJ against the particular tenant. It will also prevent them from renting out another property from anyone who references new tenants. For more information go to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
- Know your eviction time lines and make sure the grace period is included in the rental agreement. Above all, ensure that you follow the proper proceedings.
- Be prepared for court proceedings – have a copy of the tenancy agreement; a copy of the rent schedule and copies of letters and all action taken to date.
- Always keep records of the tenant payments and use a suitable Property Management System.
- Deliver any formal letters by recorded delivery or by hand with a witness and get the tenant to sign for them.
- Make sure you have a valid section 21 signed when you ask the tenant to sign the tenancy agreement.
- File for a section 8 Eviction Notice. You may enforce this once the tenant has gone 8 weeks in arrears.
- If your tenant is a LHA tenant, once a tenant has gone 8 weeks in arrears, apply for the housing benefit payments to be redirected to you.
Above all, stay cool! At his company G & A Property, Glenn has gone on to share his knowledge with would-be investors and landlords up and down the country in their dream to become truly financially free; at least 24 of his students are now equity millionaires. For more information please visit www.glennarmstrong.com.
To get your eight FREE videos simply pop your primary email address in the box below. After confirming your email, your first video will arrive in your mail box.
One thing, you will need to add my email address to your address book. By doing, this you avoid any of the emails I send you ending up in your spam folder. One final thing; I hate spammers. So I will NEVER share your email with any third party.